Saturday, July 30, 2011

ch ch ch changes!

I've been in a battle with Blogger and Flickr over the past few days, trying to share some photos of what's been going on in my life lately. Either I'm doing something wrong or there are restrictions on uploading over the library's internet. Either way - UGH! So, a text only post, it is.

It's been on and off rainforest-like in the Midwest the past several weeks. It's not lending itself well to outdoor running, which at the moment, is my easiest option. In fact, I took almost an entire week off while it was consistently in the high 90s and humid. Otherwise I've been squeezing in runs in the wee hours of the morning on weekends, or late in the evenings, which require an after-work nap to keep me energized. It's been a challenge, but so very worth it. I'm seeing so many positive changes already, only three months after starting on this leg of my journey.

I'm:
  • down 20+ pounds
  • again fitting into a lot of my cute clothing that I had purchased a few years back and had grown too big for, cinching my belts, giving away clothing that is too large for me now
  • finding it easier to climb the stairs to my apartment
  • sleeping better
  • feeling more energized
  • in a better mood and experiencing less anxiety, even in situations where I previously would have found myself absolutely overwhelmed with it
  • seeing the muscles grow in my legs, which is so cool
  • able to bike farther and faster than this spring
  • able to run for 30 minutes straight, when just 6 weeks ago, I couldn't run for 3
I cannot possibly express how valuable the time and energy put into getting healthy is in the long run. Sure, it can be a pain in the butt to wake up a little early or to force yourself to exercise after a long day at work. Of course I've struggled with food cravings, and bad days where I didn't make the best choices. But over time I'm making more positive choices than negative ones and they are adding up to very pleasing results. :D If you're on such a journey of your own, keep at it! You won't regret it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent changes!! I'm so proud of you and honored to know you!! You may not know it, but you are an inspiration!! Wish I could be there with you this weekend to see all the PFP'ers.